Its been awhile!
So I have had my Capri Diaper Cover and inserts by Swaddlebees for a while now. I think its time for a review on them!
Cover in size 2 on my 20lber-
- Cute colors and prints
- 2 different sizes to allow for a better range of fit and to fit a smaller or bigger baby better
- Double leg gussets
- Available in hook and loop or snaps depending on your needs and preferences
- Large strong flaps in the back and front to hold a prefold or insert in place when trifolding, "feature "stay-put" flaps that insure your insert stays in place."
- Really good quality PUL
- Washes and dries well
- A more spendy cover at $16.95 for size 1 and $19.95 for size 2
- 2 different sizes means twice the cost when your child grows out of size 1, (I prefer OS covers)
- no cross over snaps
- No elastic on the front on the tummy
Capri cotton inserts in size 2-
- Stay dry micro fleece topped to keep your little one nice and dry
- Its a long soaker so it dries fairly fast
- Option to have natural fibers or stay dry side against baby's bum
- Comes in 2 sizes for premium fit
- 2 sizes means more money spent when you have to go up in size
- When you have to fold over, it becomes bulky
- Spendy inserts $12.95 for size 1 and $15.95 for size 2. Inserts come in a two pack.
My two other go two covers are Thirsties Duo Wraps and Flips covers. My review on this diaper is a resounding yay! It is everything I have looked for in a cover! It has the double leg gussets like Thirsties covers, but flaps actually better than Flips. It mixes these two covers perfectly! My son is already in size 2, so the cost of having to replace once he outgrows is non existent. This cover seems very durable and I have used it with prefolds, the capri inserts, and fitteds. Works great with all of them! I now reach for my Capri cover first :) I really have no complaints on this cover minus the cost. It is a spendier cover, but I expect it to last quite a long time. The inserts fit in very well, also fit in other covers too. Again, a little spendy for my taste, but I love the fact that it is a natural fiber insert with the stay dry effect! I love having options with my diapers, and you can fold the insert to have the fleece agains baby's skin or not. I will be buying more of these covers, but I doubt I will buy more inserts, because of the cost. (Well maybe 1 more set when I sell all my infant prefolds!)
Now to just choose which print I want next! Any input?!
Overall I give this diapering system an A-. If it were a little cheaper, it would have an A+!
Dino Capri with an infant prefold on #3 who is about 20lbs. Smallest rise setting with 2 snaps showing on the waist snaps.
More Photos to come using the Capri inserts and showing with a fitted :)